Sunday 22 May 2011

Emancipation Proclamation: Carlisle

“I was sobbing loudly. Dr. Cullen stood up and took a step back, eyeing me. I glanced up at him, frightened and uncomfortable. He seemed to be contemplating something, and after a moment he grabbed the roll of duct tape. He pulled a piece of duct tape off, ripping it with his teeth, and pressed it over my mouth quickly to muffle my sounds.”
Emancipation Proclamation Chapter 17


I may be hating Carlisle right now.

I have been sobbing for Isabella’s pain. I wailed the most when he speaks to her the next day, saying that he hadn't intended to be so cruel. I honesty can’t quite pin point exactly why that section got to me as much as it did, I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I really hope that he does redeem himself.

Now I’m going to go cry some more.




“Punishment - The justice that the guilty deal out to those that are caught.”
Elbert Hubbard

2 comments:

Ange said...

I always felt torn about this Carlisle... but after reading some of his outtakes and learning about his past I can understand everything he did... even if I don't agree with it *hands tissues*

lipca said...

I thought that scene was very powerful and so well done. I have read it a few times - her flinching at his hand, concentrating on the loose thread, tears in her eyes....

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger