Friday 20 May 2011

Emancipation Proclamation: Edward

"This is a world of compensations; and he who would be no slave, must consent to have no slave. Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."
Abraham Lincoln

Babsiebaby has finally talked me into reading Emancipation Proclamation. I put my big girl panties on and I’ve cried like a baby already. I am only part of the way through, so no spoilers please, but my Photoshop vibe has come out to play.

Kharsizzmatic has some of the best quotes to start her chapters that really show an insight not only to her story, but to humankind. She shows us humanity in all it's guises. Naturally, I felt inspired.

This banner was inspired by Edward and who he is at the beginning of the story.



"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

5 comments:

lipca said...

EP is my favorite fic ever! I am amazed at Khar's writing and how she selected such amazing quotes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for the post!!

Ange de l'aube said...

*sniffles* This story scarred me for life... I'm so glad babs talked you into reading it... it's truly a classic in my eyes... and Edward in the beginning was so darn screwed up....I loved your use of the text texture and of brushes... It's one of my fave banners by you most definitely

lovebel said...

"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." So fucking true! I think Edward would agree too. And you're right: the quotes are the BEST.
I miss this story and these characters so much. I'm hoping you're enjoying reading as much as I did. It's one of the best FF out there. Thanks for the post, hon. :)

Babsie said...

I remember reading the Valentine's Day Chapter... on actual Valentine's Day 2010... This story it's my all time favourite, not only because it's something that mattered so much to Khar but also, a beautiful tale of love and hardship, I'm so glad that you've finally decided to read it and no matter how hard it gets, it's all worth it. Well done, I'm looking forward to more banners. Babs xx

FFpassion said...

Hands down my all time fav fic, no other fic has affected me as much as EP.
Khar is a wonderful and talented writer.
I'm so happy Babs convinced you to read it.
Irene xxx

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger