Friday 18 February 2011

New Moon

My Twilight canon phase continues this week. I recently started reading Ithaca is Gorges by giselle-lx, a rec from my good friend songster, and this banner came into being.



My heart is Edwards and it often breaks for him. I feel that I know him so well as I as an avid reader of Midnight Sun. But never does it hurt more than when he leaves Bella in New Moon; I can barely imagine his pain. He destroys his own happiness, thinking that he is sacrificing himself for his love when he's really wounding them both.

The most poignant moments of Stephenie Meyers' writing for me, it the outtake EPOV of Edward finding out the (mistaken) news that Bella is dead:
It gets me every time. The strong and infallible vampire loses his quick thinking mind, he moves like an old man unsure of his actions, out of control in his utter desolation... *tears*

Giselle offers an EPOV of the whole of New Moon and brings Edward's feelings to life so well that his pain is tangible and my heart breaks even more. There is also Carlisle POV that serves to describe what Edward can't in his own pain, giving an outside perspective of Edward's grief, while he shares in his son's grief.

If you want to check out this story you can find here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4988866/1/

Sorry if I'm sharing my emo.
Love
Rhian
xx

3 comments:

Ange said...

*snotsobs* Oh Edward :(

I remember when I read that EPOV outtake of Rosalie's call I literally cried as if I was the one who thought just lost the love of his/her existence... it was so freaking sad... if SM ever fancies writing all of the books in EPOV I might need some hand-holding to go through NM... seriously :(

I don't like you so emo bb... but at least you're channeling it like this... ♥

Rhian0000 said...

I doubt we'd be that lucky... But I would definitely hold our hand, though you read so much faster than I do lol.

xx

lipca said...

This story has been on my TBR list. My heart breaks for Edward too. I can't stand to see him broken. Great post!

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger