Sunday 5 June 2011

Emancipation Proclamation: Strength

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
 Mahatma Gandhi

Isabella has a strength of spirit that has allowed her to survive a life of brutality. Edward has cut himself off from the world to survive, living an empty life pushing everyone away rather than actually feeling anything inside.

What use is survival when there’s no will to live; no life to truly live?


Strength comes from within, but sometimes, it has a little outside help. 


“I was broken until you came into my life and I’m finding myself again. I never thought it would happen, never thought I’d find someone like you. My mom used to talk about fate all the time, and I think now that you’re my fate. You were brought to me for a reason, for us to save each other. Because you weren’t the only one needing saving, Bella. I was drowning, and you rescued me. You’re my life now.”
Edward, Emancipation Proclamation

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind.”
 Alex Karras

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger