Saturday 22 May 2010

The Angel and his Love

Here are two Twilight banners that I made some time ago. My banners are usually inspired by something I find moving. As Twilight readers, you’ll recognise the scenes. I know the banners themselves aren’t very good, so please forgive me, but I thought I would share them and the thought behind them.

The Angel

This is a part of the book I always find very poignant – Bella hanging on the cusp between life and death, floating into unconsciousness and Edward calling her back to him.




Click to see a larger view



As I drifted, I dreamed.


Where I floated, under the dark water, I heard the happiest sound my mind could conjure up — as beautiful, as uplifting, as it was ghastly. It was another snarl; a deeper, wilder roar that rang with fury.


I was brought back, almost to the surface, by a sharp pain slashing my upraised hand, but I couldn't find my way back far enough to open my eyes.


And then I knew I was dead.


Because, through the heavy water, I heard the sound of an angel calling my name, calling me to the only heaven I wanted.


"Oh no, Bella, no!" the angel's voice cried in horror.


Behind that longed-for sound was another noise — an awful tumult that my mind shied away from. A vicious bass growling, a shocking snapping sound, and a high keening, suddenly breaking off…


I tried to concentrate on the angel's voice instead.


"Bella, please! Bella, listen to me, please, please, Bella, please!" he begged.


Yes, I wanted to say. Anything. But I couldn't find my lips.

Chapter 23 of Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer.

Impasse


Bella yearns for forever with Edward but Edward, denies himself the one thing he’s ever really wanted as he is unwilling to risk his love’s soul.



Click for a larger view


"So ready for this to be the end," he murmured, almost to himself, "for this to be the twilight of your life, though your life has barely started. You're ready to give up everything."


"It's not the end, it's the beginning," I disagreed under my breath.


"I'm not worth it," he said sadly.


"Do you remember when you told me that I didn't see myself very clearly?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "You obviously have the same blindness."


"I know what I am."


I sighed.


But his mercurial mood shifted on me. He pursed his lips, and his eyes were probing. He examined my face for a long moment.


"You're ready now, then?" he asked.


"Um." I gulped. "Yes?"


He smiled, and inclined his head slowly until his cold lips brushed against the skin just under the corner of my jaw.


"Right now?" he whispered, his breath blowing cool on my neck. I shivered involuntarily.


"Yes," I whispered, so my voice wouldn't have a chance to break. If he thought I was bluffing, he was going to be disappointed. I'd already made this decision, and I was sure. It didn't matter that my body was rigid as a plank, my hands balled into fists, my breathing erratic…


He chuckled darkly, and leaned away. His face did look disappointed.


"You can't really believe that I would give in so easily," he said with a sour edge to his mocking tone.


"A girl can dream."


His eyebrows rose. "Is that what you dream about? Being a monster?"


"Not exactly," I said, frowning at his word choice. Monster, indeed. "Mostly I dream about being with you forever."


His expression changed, softened and saddened by the subtle ache in my voice.


"Bella." His fingers lightly traced the shape of my lips. "I will stay with you — isn't that enough?"


I smiled under his fingertips. "Enough for now."


He frowned at my tenacity. No one was going to surrender tonight. He exhaled, and the sound was practically a growl.


I touched his face. "Look," I said. "I love you more than everything else in the world combined. Isn't that enough?"


"Yes, it is enough," he answered, smiling. "Enough for forever."


And he leaned down to press his cold lips once more to my throat.

Epilogue: An Occasion, Twilight.

1 comments:

Ange said...

Thank you...the blue one is one of my favourite ones...I just love the feelings that it raises in me...sadness, melancholy, and happiness all wrapped into one..

I like the second one too...I always thought that was one of the best written scenes in Twilight, showed the basis for all the conflict in the subsequent books, and it was damn sexy...

Thanks for sharing these with us... I love them...

makes me want to read TWilight once more

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger