Tuesday 12 October 2010

A Pound of Flesh

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Maria Robinson


Click for a larger view



A Pound of Flesh, written by jaxon22, was recommended to me recently by some of my twitter friends who told me that I simply had to read it and I am more than glad that I took their advice.


Isabella is a teacher intent on giving back to the community, driven by memories of her admirable father. Her determination takes her to the Arthur Kill Correctional Facility in New York. Her journey to give back may cause her to give more than she ever bargained for.


Edward, the bad boy incarnate, is an inmate at Arthur Kill. He’s angry and full of hate for a world that has let him down. He has walls around his heart more impenetrable than the prison walls around him but Isabella won a place there fifteen years ago in exceptional circumstances  he just needs to see her for who she really is.

Edward and Bella are at first impassioned in their prejudice and frustrated by their unwanted mutual sexual attraction. They are more alike than they realise however, each carry a weight that has dictated their lives, even if it has driven them in different directions – both have their debt to pay.

jaxon22 has created an intricate plot with intelligent emotional insight woven with interesting literary discussions and greater moral life lessons. This is truly a captivating read. I am not doing it justice (no pun intended) go check it out and see for yourself at


http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5926016/1/A_Pound_of_Flesh

3 comments:

Ange said...

Oh Rhian.... this one has to be my very favorite Banner... and it's for a story I don't even read *facepalm*

I just love the swirly things you put on it, and the mugshot was perfect...as well as the coloring you chose...

Now about the review... it was poignant and it made me tear up as you know... I just feel really bad for people who are prisoners of their own pasts...there's no worse feeling in the world than that one... I really hope they can both find redemption...

Lovebel said...

Dear Rhian,

We have such similar taste in stories. And I totally love your reviews. You get to the heart of the stories and that you don't find often in reviews.

And to this one, A Pound of Flash is definitely between my top ten favorites. :)

xx

Jodie said...

wow 50fied, you sure have a way with words. you summed up PoF perfectly. so excited you got around to reading it, it's quite gripping and i can't wait to see how everything plays out.

i have to agree with ange, too. the PoF banner is fantastic, one of my favorites! everything comes together so well.

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger