Wednesday 29 September 2010

Paper CutOuts

Paper CutOuts by twistedcoincidence and astilbe13 was recently recommended to me by a few friends and I am glad that they took the time to point me in the direction of this little gem. There is a reality to the writing that cuts through to the heart of things and I have found myself in tears with this Bella.

She sees her life as a story, an empty one. The first chapter opens:

Ordinary: -adjective; of no special quality or interest; commonplace; unexceptional.

This is how she sees herself, how others have seen her in the past. But her story finally begins when she spots an interesting stranger from her office window. She is tired of being a face in the background and wants to be a lead character so, for once in her life, she writes her own story and sets out to meet him. In the process new characters enter her life and change her story forever.



Click for a larger view


Read Bella’s story on FF.net http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5993984/1/Paper_CutOuts

4 comments:

fr_larsson said...

Love this story, =) one of few that moved me to tears.

best wishes, Linda

Ange said...

I really really like this Banner... it's exactly as I imagined a PCO banner should be... it has a sweet tone, and warm colors... it makes me feel fuzzy inside... Great Job Rhian... it's one of my favorites by you... I loved it...

Rhian0000 said...

Thanks, Linda. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried.

Ange, thanks for the nudge in the right direction. This would not be a PCO banner if you hadn't suggested it.

I wish I could have put Finn in there somehow... I love him!

Ange said...

Maybe next time? I loved him too.. he's a cutie... just like his dad.. although I hope not as stubborn...

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger