Saturday 11 September 2010

Master of the Universe

Firstly and foremost, I must thank Icy so much for this story and for sharing so much of herself with us. You are one generous lady!


As you will know, Icy sat down to write a story and this time last year she posted the first chapter of Master of the Universe, soon to become known as MotU and take the fanfiction world by storm, or leather plaited whip as the case may be…

MotU is my favourite fanfiction of all time. I doubt I need to tell anyone reading this post why. Icy created a world with powerful and captivating characters that I fell in love with along the way. Bella is young and sometimes naive, but is astoundingly brave with an emotional maturity that shines through in her kindness. Edward, fifty shades of fucked up with a tormented spirit hiding behind his sexual prowess, gets a lot more than he bargains for when he meets the unassuming Miss Swan. The rest is now MotU and fanfic history enshrined in out little computer screens and in our hearts.


To celebrate the anniversary of MotU, here is something I just cooked up:

Click for a larger view

Thank you to @KlrTwiLuver for the words for this banner.

Please take a look at the MotU Tribute blog for some beautiful words and some beautiful banners and wallpapers at http://www.motutribute.com/home

Also, in case you're interested, here is the first alternate banner that didn’t make it onto 50shades.com. There is only room for the one after all ;)



Click for a larger view

7 comments:

Icy said...

Love the new banner baby - thank you - and lovely words by KirtwiLuver!
Who would have thought... one year old! Hardly seems any time at all!

xxxx

Lovebel said...

It is wonderful Rhian. And you pretty much expressed my exact thoughts about MoTU in your post.
Love it, honey. xxxx

Ange said...

*blows nose in a very unladylike manner*
This brings back so many memories... I can't believe it has been a year already...Thanks for my new wallpaper Rhian... *cheeky grin*

I hope you don't mind but I really do like MotU and black (the color not the dog)...

*shuffles feet and bats eyelashes*

Rhian0000 said...

Thank you, ladies. You're all so generous. Glad you liked it.
xx

Unknown said...

Where is this story at? I would love to be able to read it. Thanks xox

Rhian0000 said...

It is am amazing story, Rebekah. But I am afraid that it's no longer available online. The author has taken it down because it's soon to be published as an original fiction. You can find it here if you're interested: http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/publishinghouse/books/detail/23

Rhian
xx

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!! I had no idea where to find it!

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger